Thursday, September 17, 2009

He Asked Me if...

This is how I imagined my life would be like, as we sat in the ever increasing beautiful night at the same cold, stone table with the same small gray heart-shaped pebble embedded into it as we had two years earlier on our first date. On the night of our first date, I was running late due to a last minute client. Rushed and flustered I hurried to get ready, unsure how the evening would go. Sitting in the dark theatre, waiting for the movie to begin, I wondered why? After all this time are we here, together, watching a movie; a moment I waited five years for.
Every year since, Aaron and I have "re-lived" that night. This year we dropped Ava off at my mom and dads house, then we saw 'District 9', a movie I highly recommend, afterward, we went to the nearby Starbucks, got our drinks and sat in the same spot where Aaron fell more in love with me then ever.

So, my answer is no. This is not how I imagined what my life would be like...it's better.

No comments: