Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat?

We had bought trick or treater candy several times over the past month, all which ended up in the same place, in our tummies, on our thighs and I think I even noticed a new little bulge on my behind. Since it was Ava's first Halloween, I had debated between doing the whole "Halloween thing" or not. We had made plans to meet our friends downtown, their daughter Ashley was going as a teddy bear. So, in September, I bought Ava a pink long sleeve onesie with a glow in the dark skeleton and for a while thought that would be the extent of it, that was until I ran out of powdered sugar.

I was asked to bake a friends wedding cake, due November 1st so when I set out to work on the frosting on Friday, I was frustrated to find I had used all my confectioners sugar so soon. I thought the Grocery Outlet would be fast and close to both my home and Dutch Brothers so I went there after I got my little 8oz. Ugh, no sugar. Kmart. Dang it! No sugar. As I was heading out I heard over the loud speaker that all costumes were 50% off. Huh, it wouldn't hurt to procrastinate going to the market a little longer. We made our way to the garden center where aisles of costumes hung. I looked, pointed various things out to Ava, then it happened. In the back corner, was the ultimate, perfect costume...






I think this last one is my favorite, Ava eating hay while her friend cried. Ava loves giraffeys, and loved talking and laughing to her new friend, her costume.

No comments: