Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Wedding Cake

On the third Wednesday every month, I have my Bunco night. I love Bunco night, it gives me a chance to get out of the house and socialize with adults. Without, I think I would be in a constant state of babbling, blowing raspberries and various degrees of vocal cord practices with Ava. In the Bunco group there is a grandma, mom and daughter, which is always fun and entertaining to witness the fun dynamic. Several weeks ago while I was in the middle of frosting an anniversary cake with my mom, I got a call from Sandy (the grandma). She told me her granddaughter was going to get married on November 1st, and had tried to plan her own wedding, as best as she could. Sandy then asked me if I would be able to make her a wedding cake, "Something small. Nice. Simple." She said. She asked for a vanilla cake with chocolate filling. I asked what the wedding colors were (cream and mauve) and if they had a cake topper or not. Before she had the chance to tell me they didn't have a topper, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I planned to do the cake in segments over three days, starting on Friday. I am so very, very glad I gave myself a three day window. This poor cake, everything you could imagine go wrong, went wrong. My mom was over Friday and witnessed the biggest debacle in the whole world. Only four people know what happened, Aaron, Mom, Ava and Myself. I hoping no one talks.

My mom came to my rescue and took the pans home and re-baked my cakes as I was choking back a complete break down. I'm still blaming it on being pregnant. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of process pictures but I do have quite a few of the finished product.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so pretty!!!

Laurie M. said...

It's beautiful!

Alex said...

yes .. it is pretty,it's so pretty that i think i would not even try to eat it just because is beautiful :)) some of wedding cakes are pure art