Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ingenuity Meets Ability

I had waited until Ava was more eager to sit up before I went ahead and moved her from the car-seat in the stroller to the "big girl" seat (3 1/2-4 Months). However, I had a problem: her toys. She loves her toys, after all, they are her friends. She talks to, sings to and even yells at them on a regular basis, but most of all, she eats them. When I had her in her car seat, clicked into the reclined stroller, it was easy for her to have her friends around without me fearing them falling to the ground. So, as I strapped her into her big girl seat, in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it hit me. Ribbon, er-curling ribbon for wrapping. I quickly measured the white string, making sure that when her friends took a flying leap, their fate was not sealed. Ava loved this idea, she even purposefully tossed her friends over board so she could pull them back up with the string. Unfortunately, my very handy and very self entertaining idea looked a bit well, how should I say it? Janky. Wonky. Ghetto-like. Well, something along those lines. Despite all the positive comments and feedback by other moms, I felt extremely self-conscious. When my mother-in-law was up for a visit a couple weeks ago, she saw my idea, and my uneasiness from the presentation. When we were at Jo-Ann's, we spent time in the ribbon aisle, we found a spool of green with brown polka dots and small black snaps. She spent the better half of an evening sewing what I couldn't. Ava loves it and I love it, it's perfect! Thank you!

Before:

After:



No comments: