Thursday, July 3, 2008

I saw my baby


We had an ultrasound on Wednesday. Mom and Dad Lord, by Gods grace were in town and able to go with us to the appointment. I wasn't as embarrassed as I thought I would be. I laid down, in the most vulnerable position ever, but the moment our child appeared on the screen, it was as if nothing else mattered. The baby is so beautiful and full of life. our child couldn't stop moving and dancing. I know it's not realistic, but it almost felt like s/he was preforming for his/er parents and grandparents.
That appointment blessed us all. Dad had never seen an unborn baby and mom only saw one or two of Katie's babies. My parents have been preoccupied with other events at this point so it helped me abundantly to feel safe, and loved by my new parents (Mom and Dad Lord!) by having them there, with us. I am so thankful that we got to experience this blessing with them.
The heartbeat is as strong as ever.
I'm almost eleven weeks and due January 24th/25th.

No comments: