Thursday, May 21, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake...

I love to bake, which is probably an understatement. I have had a few job offers for some bakeries in town, and I had been too scared to accept due to my self-taught decorating techniques (if you could call them "techniques"!) So, when my mom and I went to one of my favorite stores, The Galley, for a quick demo, I was overjoyed to sign-up for a full cake decorating class. What made it even more enjoyable was the fact that my mom and I are taking the class together. For the first class we decorated cupcakes and for our second class, a 9-inch cake. The class was Tuesday and I had Bunco on Wednesday so I used that to my advantage and took my cake with me.

Before class, we had to have had the cake baked and frosted so it would be ready to decorate. I ran out of white frosting, so my cake still looks rugged and not as smooth as I had hoped. I did three Posies and the purple star boarder in class. I wanted to practice and continue playing so, Wednesday before Bunco while Ava napped, I got busy.



I began with a flower for Aaron, I used it as a practice opportunity!






Aaron's finished flower.


Ta-dah!



Yummy! There were only three slices left.

No comments: